Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Let's Get Ready to Rumble...

Last year my school district started a fun program called Reading Rumble. I'm sure lots of school districts do something similar. A list is established that 3-5 grade students are to read from and then each school's team's get together for a rumble. It involves answering questions and identifying quotes from the books. I'm not always in favor of questions and activities after reading. I'm a just read kinda gal but if it gets students excited about reading and talking about books then let's rumble. I am joining my school librarian in meeting with our team of students. So I will be trying to read the books on the list. There is a good mix of chapter books and pictures books. Have you read any of the books? I will be checking back in with my progress and some info about the books. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment